Characterization of T cells reactive to newly emerging viruses
CD4+ and CD8+ T cells play a crucial role in eliminating virus-infected cells and controlling viral replication during viral infection. However, kinetics and characteristics of T cell responses to newly emerging viruses have not been clearly elucidated. CEP investigates phenotypes and functions of T cells reactive to newly emerging viruses in patients and uninfected individuals.
- Phenotypic and functional characterization of T cells reactive to newly emerging viruses.
- Investigation of roles for T cells in severe and critical viral disease.
- Understanding of cross-reactive T cells in uninfected individuals
- Multicolor flow cytometry
- Functional immunology
- Heterologous (heterosubtypic) immunity